What is Audio Conferencing?
Calling in (dialing in) to meetings is very useful for users who are on the road and can't attend a meeting using the Skype for Business or Microsoft Teams app on their laptops or mobile devices. But there are other scenarios in which using a phone to attend a Skype for Business or Microsoft Teams meeting can be a better option than using an app on a computer:
- Internet connectivity is limited.
- A meeting is audio only.
- The person tried to join a Skype for Business meeting and it failed.
- The call quality is better when dialing in.
- People can join a meeting "hands free" using Bluetooth devices.
- People find it's easier and more convenient for their situation.
You only need to set up Audio Conferencing for people who plan to schedule or lead meetings. Meeting attendees who dial in don't need any licenses assigned to them or other setup.
After attendees have joined meeting, they can also dial out and invite other callers into a Skype for Business or Microsoft Teams meeting.